Imaging Technology for Monument PortraitsA new method for the production of photo-porcelain has been proposed which completely revolutionizes the old, traditional systems used by craftsmen. After persevering for years with innovative experiments and finally, reassured by laboratory results performed to ensure consistent quality, maintained even after aging tests, prolonged exposure to ultra-violet rays and acid resistance and mechanical stress tests, in the 1996 summer, we decided to propose this new product to our European clients. The way the product was welcomed exceeded our highest expectations and our clientele have shown great enthusiasm for the excellent quality of the results. This digital technique allows touch-ups, assemblies, eliminations and the electronic completion of shapes and backgrounds whether they are creative or personal touches.
"FOUR-COLOR DIGITAL PHOTO-PORCELAINS" HAVE BEEN BORN".
"DIGITAL CHROME FOUR-COLORS PRINTED"
THE TRADITIONAL HAND-PAINTED PROCESS IN FULL.
NEW DIGITIZED IMAGES SET IN WITH THE SAME FIRING
PROCESS USED FOR THE TRADITIONAL METHOD
• BETTER QUALITY
• VERY FAVORABLE PRICES
• SHORTENED DELIVERY TIMES
Digital Chrome Photo porcelain
With this new procedure, which uses "IMAGING" technology in addition to digital elaboration and airbrush techniques, we've managed to transfer the original color photographs onto a computer. By using a scanner we've developed slides for the four base colors.
After these slides are produced, they are printed on suitable base supports.
The four superimposed colors create a complete image.
At this point the image is transferred onto a porcelain plaque and baked at a temperature of more than 900°C.
Now the durability and resistance properties of photo-porcelain have been added to a faithful reproduction of the color photograph.
Furthermore, we can confirm that the "FOUR-COLOR DIGITAL PHOTO-PORCELAINS" guarantee a better reproduction of the original photograph's details and colors.
Using the new manufacturing system of photo-porcelain called "Four-Color Digital Chrome Photo-Porcelains" allows us to obtain good correspondence of shades between the original paper photo and the photo-porcelain.
However, due to technological limitations we cannot always obtain a total and perfect correspondence.
In fact, you must consider that different colors are used in creating a paper photo than in photo-porcelain.
A paper photo does not have to be guaranteed against atmospheric agents, and the colors are not baked over 900°C.
To guarantee durability of photo-porcelain through the years, and against exposure to bad weather, the colors of the photo porcelain are baked and permeate the plaque.
By baking, the colors assume a shade which does not always correspond to the paper photo.
Photo porcelain pictures and plaques
Immortalizing loved ones is a custom that has been with us for ages, frescoes on cavern walls, carved stones, ancient pyramids and mosaics are just some of the ways we paint a 'portrait' and immortalize someone forever.
Keeping alive the memory of loved ones thru images and pictures is as common today as in the past, and today's techniques of photo porcelain and photo ceramics let us remember and honor those we truly cherish.
Porcelain plaques (photo porcelain) allow us to keep our loved ones forever and characterize special moments while standing up to the test of time. A porcelain plaque remains with us forever.
Today's photo porcelain production techniques are refined works of art that capture the spirit of our loved ones thru high quality reproduction of the image with stunning details.
Photo porcelain materials and manufacturing techniques
Since 1924 we've used plaques in real porcelain (known as German porcelain).
Porcelain is a ceramic product made of a mixture of caolino and aluminium silicate, and when put in an oven at a temperature between 1250° and 1300° vitrify and become a frosted white material.
Photo-porcelain was invented by the Chinese between VII and VIII centuries B.C. In Europe it began to be produced only in the XVII century.
PHOTO CERAMICS - RETOUCHING AND ELABORATION
Elaboration and Retouching
Our monument portraits, made of porcelain - a natural and long lasting material - can be made from professional photos or from personal snapshots or passport pictures, either in black and white or in color. Be sure that the face is not too small as it will not look well when enlarged.
We can reproduce colored photo-porcelain also from black and white photos and vice versa.
The picture should be an original on photographic quality paper, not a photocopy or a printed picture from a newspaper or magazine etc.
We accept slides but not color negatives.
* Backgrounds may be altered on photo-porcelain images.
* Objects or people may be removed or added to photo-porcelain images.
* Alterations or retouching photographs can be done such as enlarged or improved images through digital retouching after the photo paper has been scanned.
* Background scenes may be deleted, images from different photos may be superimposed onto one image, clothing styles may be altered and virtually any image can be modified.
* There is no need to cut or fold your original photograph, but make sure we have clear instructions.
* We can remove the background and replace it with a new colored one, complimenting the subject.
* We can reverse people (mirror image), create a missing arm, etc.
* Montages can be created with text and images provided by the family.
* Black and white images can be colorized to add beauty.
* Optional decorative bronze frames are also available to complement the beauty of the monument portraits.
* Two or more persons on one original picture will be done at no additional charge.
* We can eliminate all damages and wears from your photos. Creases, tears, ink spots, smoke stains, water damage.
* Monument portraits are available in vertical or horizontal format.
* The original photo is returned.